ScanEngine Explorer Registration
ScanEngine Explorer is broken down into free and registered functions.
- Virtually all Explorer functions are completely free, forever. All tools are available and operative for exploring devices by ping, web page, or snmp. Web page scraping is operable to capture data from a device web page, and script authoring is also operable to explore what kinds of management or automation is possible with ScanEngine Explorer. The only limitation to exploring using the unregistered tools is loading scripts. But a script, manually entered, may be run forever.
- Registration unleashes the power to use the tools of ScanEngine Explorer for monitoring or automation. Registration turns it into a ScanEngine appliance. Registration provides the following:
- Registering adds the ability to load saved scripts for scanning or any other inventive purpose. Once you've discovered the value in what you can script you'll want to register to automate saved scripts that you can create using ScanEngine Explorer. This benefit of registration lasts forever.
- Registration provides a specified number of registration instances which can be used to register multiple machines ... to be used by the user on any machines up to the number specified. All registrations will share a common registered username, serial, email, and notices option. Additional count can be added to a registration at any time. Re-registration to any registered machine does not count against the number.
- Registration comes with a duration for free upgrades as newer versions of ScanEngine Explorer become available. While a registered ScanEngine Explorer program can run as registered forever, each new version must be re-registered which is only permitted within the registration time allotted. Additional upgrade duration can be added to registration at any time.
- While re-registration or upgrade to a machine previously registered will not count against the registration number, both will be subject to the registration time allocation. However backup of a registered ScanEngine Explorer is simple, although not transferable.
Unregistered, ScanEngine Explorer is an invaluable free network tool. Registered, ScanEngine Explorer automates whatever you choose it to do, continuously, automatically.